The Final shakedown ride

 So this is it, 1 day away from my first adventure race and I am excited and nervous!! Last night I packed up everything and headed out.


Arrived at my starting point and setup my bivy and sleeping gear climbed in and it was very warm and comfortable!! Didn't want to get out!! In fact fell asleep for just a few minutes!!😴


Climbed back out just as we will do at the start of the race and packed up the bike and started riding. this went off without any issues.
Did a quick 3 mile ride and setup my stove for what will be the required "water boil" 

This was going well until I dropped the stove fuel upside down and it clogged with snow😬
Once fixed lit it up and had 12 oz of water boiling in 3 minutes. Packed everything up road back to the car and that was that! A successful shakedown!!
Stay tuned for more as I pack up Saturday morning and head to Hinckley, MN!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

" The Adventure"

The Race itself

Getting ready